Homework PLUS program provides one on one tutoring for students utilizing nearly 120 adult and high school volunteers. This program features three components: one on one tutoring, enrichment, and fitness.
- The program provides a safe environment in which students are supported by caring adults who assist them to become responsible students in completing homework in a timely manner.
- The fitness session gives the students the need physical outlet that includes cardio drumming, relaxed boxing and more.
- The enrichment session engages the students in art, math club, current events, fun trivia, and includes speakers and activities from Waterhouse Cooper, the Carnegie and the Taft Museum.
This program runs from September thru May for the current school year.
Educational assistance, especially during this time of COVID-19, has become an alarming need for our children in the urban setting. Many children have limited to no access to the Internet or sufficient technology for online instruction. Some children do not have anyone at home to help them with their assigned learning packets from their schools. Knowing that children have been without traditional education since mid-March, Notre Dame Urban Education Center hopes to be an avenue of recovery for children to reclaim their education.
Educational Response to COVID-19
NDUEC will follow Kentucky’s Healthy at School and the CDC guidelines for everyone’s safety.
September 8, 2020 – May 13, 2021
Monday – Thursday
Homework PLUS – Session I 12 Noon – 2:00 p.m. OR Session II 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Homework PLUS students will be assisted with classroom work via online and/or paper packets as initiated by the students’ respective schools. The Center will offer additional on-level skill work as needed.
- Screening includes taking the child’s temperature and asking simple questions regarding COVID-19 symptoms
- Wearing masks and/or face shields
- Social distancing
- Building and materials will be sanitized after each session